Terms & Conditions of Walk My Way
Conditions of Entry:
I am physically fit, in good health, and adequately prepared to participate in this event.
I will withdraw if I succumb to any injury or illness from which I have not fully recovered by the time of the event.
I realise that I am participating in this event entirely at my own risk, which means that no person or organisation involved in conducting, promoting or supporting the event is liable to me for my injury, illness or death, or any loss or misfortune which may occur as a result of my participation.
None of these terms applies if it contravenes any statute.
Use of images:
In registering for Walk My Way, I consent to being photographed/filmed for future ALWS promotions.
Images and/or footage may be used in printed material, online (including social media), in presentations to schools and churches, and shared with overseas partners.
If I am under 18, I have my parents’ permission for my image to be used in this way.
Code of Conduct:
By being involved in Walk My Way, it is expected that walkers and volunteers will:
- be cooperative participants throughout the event, adhering to the instruction of event organisers and marshals
- treat people with courtesy, respect and proper regard including those involved in Walk My Way and the wider community
- ensure a safe environment
- ensure protection of others from harassment and intimidation
- behave in a manner that is fair and non-discriminatory towards others
- walk the trail in a safe manner ensuring safety of others, the environment and self
- refrain from using the trail if the event has been cancelled.
The following behaviour will not be tolerated:
- violent and abusive behaviour
- harassment and intimidation
- public disturbance
- vandalism (cultural and environmental)
- excessive consumption of alcohol and acting in a way that becomes a public nuisance or creates a public disturbance.
In the first instance, if the individual(s) does not adhere to this Code of Conduct, they will be asked to leave the event. If poor behaviour continues, police will be notified.
Data Collection Policy:
ALWS collects personal information about you when you are dealing with us.
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are dealing with us.
We will use and disclose your personal information only for the purpose for which we collected it, and for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect.
You can opt-out at any time using an opt-out mechanism in our communications or by contacting ALWS directly.