...you can organise your own where you live!
Yes, runners are very welcome; however, be aware that there will not be a truck to carry packs. Also, there will be limited (or no) drink stations along the way. Check the information for your particular Walk to find out more.
That's OK! Some walks have shorter options - check the information for your particular Walk to find out more.
If you're in Adelaide, you may be interested in joining us for the German Farmhouse Breakfast and Opening Ceremony, and then joining the Hahndorf Lutheran Historical Tour. Registrations are essential and places are limited, so hurry!
It's $50 for an Adult and $20 for a Child, which includes a Walk T-shirt, bag sewn by former refugees, breakfast, and sausage sizzle lunch.
PLUS, thanks to the generosity of the Lutheran Laypeople's League who are covering the registration costs, your fee is a donation that goes straight to those who need it most. Thank you, LLL!
Yes! It's easy to create and join a team.
Have one person register and create their own Walk fundraising page. Once you've created it, you will be able to create your own team from your personalised dashboard.
You can then invite others. They can create their own fundraising pages and choose to join your team if they like. Easy!
The system won't accept an email address if it has already been used to register someone else.
Email addresses need to be unique to each Walker.
PLUS the email needs to be valid so you receive notifications.
Below is a way to technically use the same email twice, or more (and still receive emails for both accounts).
1. The first person signs up with the desired email. For example firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The second person signs up with the same email but add +something. For example email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, this can be any word (even a number, as long as it start with +. So email@example.com would also work). You can register a whole family this way. Just keep adding a different word/number after the + sign.
3. All registrations will go through and walkers will be able to login with the email specified above.
4. Emails and notifications sent to either email but end up in the same inbox.
This way to the system, the user is fully unique, whilst at the same time the emails are functional for receiving notifications.
There are a few ways you can do it. The easiest way is to follow these 4 steps:
OR you can do it this way:
Still unsure? Just call or email. us!
Yes! Donations over $2 are tax-deductible. Your friends and family can donate any amount they like to support you.
They can find you or your team here. You can also share the link to your personal fundraising page on Facebook or by email.
Follow these easy steps:
1. Deposit the funds into the ALWS account, details as follows:
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
3. We’ll take care of the rest! We’ll send out receipts to your supporters who need them, and add their names to your fundraising page so their donation is added to your total. Hooray!
Walk My Way is an initiative of Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS), the Lutheran Church of Australia's Overseas Aid and Resettlement Agency. You can find out more about ALWS here
Walk My Way is part of The GRACE Project, aiming to support 40,000 refugee children to go to school. Find out more about The GRACE Project here
Simply get in touch. Call us on 1300 763 407 or email Kirra at email@example.com We'd love to help!